Saturday, December 23, 2023

Martial Arts | Prologue

When reading web novels, there are times when a novel that was very enjoyable to read suddenly loses its appeal due to the author's unreasonable actions.

The normal reader in this case may react in two ways. They may quietly drop the novel without saying anything, or they may continue reading based on their trust in the author, who has previously provided them with interesting content.

The reactions of overly invested readers also fall into two categories.

—They may leave a comment like, "I'm dropping this. Author, go work in a warehouse!"

...they might leave a comment like this or load up their rage on the virtual keyboard, sending a 5,700-character message expressing their anger or disappointment.

If you're considering writing a 5,700-character message because you're not enjoying the novel at the moment, I sincerely urge you to reconsider and just move on.

"Ugh, damn it."

I did that and ended up transported to a fantasy world.

I went through all the hardships. I taught a lesson to the adventurers who were blinded by money and kept backstabbing their comrades, held individual counseling sessions with those who wouldn't listen, and I even cut off the head of the little shit of a demon king who tried to resurrect the demon god by sacrificing all of humanity.

Longing for a fantasy world? That's a thing of the past. No matter how tough things get in Korea, there's no better country. I realized that and came back.

I threw myself on the bed, realizing that my long journey had finally come to an end.

"I'm never reading a fantasy novel again, damn it..." I vowed and vowed again to myself.

* * * * *

"Ah, the protagonist is a complete idiot."

So, I started reading martial arts novels instead of fantasy novels.

Honestly, I didn't want to delve into web novels anymore. It was quite challenging. No matter how much you cherish your daily life, there will always be moments of boredom, and web novels seem to be optimized for filling those times.

However, because I had experienced real fantasy, no matter how well-written, even the most delicious novels could no longer bring me any pleasure and only served to stimulate the memories of my past hardships. So, naturally, I shifted my focus to martial arts novels, a genre I rarely explored.

"I've never read a novel that made me feel this dirty in my life."

After devouring all the famous works, I had no choice but to lower my standards and taste the martial arts novels that were receiving mediocre reviews. However, I ended up tasting the worst.

After reading it, I realized. The comments and reviews of this work were bait made with all sorts of rhetoric, crafted with all sorts of excuses, enticing readers to experience this terrible piece.

"What kind of novel doesn't have a single point of immersion?"

A continuous series of absurd drifts that lack any immersive force—a masterpiece among masterpieces of failures.

Recently, regret, degradation, and obsession are trending, and perhaps wanting to experience it himself, the author decided to let the protagonist witness his fiancée, who had been getting along well until a few episodes ago, make promises of a future with another man. Even though she had a fiancée, the childhood friend who kept coming at the protagonist with a confession that she would be together forever suddenly confessed that she liked the protagonist's brother instead of the protagonist.

Moreover, there are countless female heroines, most of whom have a deep crush on the protagonist, but after a while, they leave him as quickly as they came.

"Disgusting, just disgusting."

I checked the tags of the novel in case the author was a NTR addict who deserved to be killed, but there was no such tag.

In the old days, I would have dropped a 700-character bomb in the message box right away, but I endured it.

I don't think the same thing will happen twice, but my current mood was like the mindset of a retired sergeant major, wishing to avoid falling leaves.

"I'll just not look at it, right?"

Anyway, time was well spent. I closed the novel site that I visited dozens of times a day because I had an appointment later.

Or, at least I tried to.

"What is this, a lag?"

No matter how many times I clicked the close button, the site wouldn't close. I pressed Alt+F4 to see if it was lagging, opened the Task Manager, and pressed Force Close, but there was no response.

"I just got a new computer not long ago..."

Just as I was thinking about turning off the main system forcibly, a bright light began to seep from the monitor.

"......?"

I'm sure I've seen this somewhere.

As I shivered with a sense of urgency, black letters began to appear on the monitor.

["You again?]

"What the...?"

I desperately stared at the monitor. I could clearly see the author's name beneath the title.

"NovelGod2..., you, you bastard!"

The author who kidnapped me into a fantasy world had the name NovelGod, and I felt a surge of anger at the obviously paternalistic name.

I should have checked the author's name before crossing the bridge. Why didn't I look at the author's name!

While I was regretting it, another line of text appeared on the monitor.

[“Complaining about the lack of immersion? Then let's forcefully make it immersive.”]

A strong suction force was generated around the monitor.

Same thing. Just like when I was pulled into a fantasy world without knowing anything.

"This is crazy...!"

In a short period, countless thoughts raced through my mind, and it seems I'm screwed.

"No, damn it! Can't you even think silently!"

With a cry of injustice, my body, or more precisely, my soul, was sucked into the monitor.

...

!...

!


- - - - - End of Chapter. . .Thanks for Reading - - - - -

Translator's Notes:-

I feel like this one is a good novel, and I have heard good stuff about it. However, it is nothing sort of literary masterpiece though!!!

Join Discord here ->>> https://discord.gg/w7asSW2xkQ

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
『 Previous Chapter Next Chapter
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Rate and review the novel on Novel Updates 👉 Drunkard In Martial Arts

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⊱⊰⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog